|     |  

Sustainable Fashion

Johnny WANG 2018-06-01 16:54

In recent years we’ve witnessed the popularisation of sustainability to an incredible extent, yet experts in the fashion world have been slow to explore how they can play a part. Sometimes it seems the more historic and reputable a brand is, the harder it is to accept the idea. On the contrary, newcomers and younger brands are more in tune to the environmental zeitgeist, and have become the active participators in implementing sustainable design.

G-Star RAW最近和美国演员、歌手Jaden Smith成立了合作伙伴关系,此前美国歌手、演员Pharrell Williams已经成为了G-Star RAW的“创想之魁”.jpg

G-Star RAW collaborated with American actor and singer Jaden Smith and Pharrell Williams

Environment-Friendly Fabric

Sustainable development is best exemplified through pragmatism-oriented eco-friendly fabrics. G-Star Raw, a denim brand from the Netherlands, introduced G-Star Elwood RFTPi in the lastest collection.

Cradle to Cradle产品创新研究所主席Lewis Perkins于1月31日在洛杉矶为G-Star RAW “创想之魁” Pharrell Williams颁发了Cradle to Cradle金星级别认证书.jpg

Gold Star Cradle to Cradle Certifie to Pharrell Williams by Lewis Perkins

As reported, the fabric of the jeans is ‘Gold Star Cradle to Cradle Certifie’ – a classification that promotes recycling in the fashion industry.

It was shared to the Fashion Positive Materials Library affiliated with Cradle to Cradle, which provides the public with free access to the verified materials, and creates infinite possibilities for its future application.

G-Star RAW今年春夏的女装(左)和男装(右)的副本.jpg

G-Star RAW 2018 spring/summer collection Women's(left) and Men's(right)

Technologies of Fashion

In terms of technology, these new materials have plenty to boast about.

G-Star RAW_2_31_5a844fb413ec01518620596.jpg




The environment-friendly indigo dyeing technology adopts DyStar pre-processed dye and a new solution to replace the traditional sodium hydrosulphite, thus avoiding chemical pollution.

This is a revolutionary process in the fabric dyeing industry, which reduces overall chemical usage by 70%, and indigo dye by 15%.

By employing new technologies and renewable energy, sustainable washing procedures are another avenue through which to reduce waste, recycling up to 98% of the water used and vaporizing the other 2%.

The cotton used is 100% organic and naturally sourced, to help maintain both eco-system and human wellbeing. It even forgoes all kinds of rivets and zips, instead using recycled metal buttons.




Last but not least, the collection shows their competitiveness through ingenious design power.Motac-X系列.jpg

The Motac-X Collection

Last but not least, the collection shows their competitiveness through ingenious design power. In the new season, the brand showcased their developments through a series of iconic jeans that embraced both sustainability and fashion awareness. By leading the charge, labels like G-Star are encouraging fellow fashion moguls to adopt similarly environmentally conscious measures, meaning that consumers won’t need to choose between ethical manufacturing and brand image.


follow us
newsletter:
Thank you for subscribing Vantage Shanghai newsletter. We will provide high lifestyle stories and interactive event invitation for you via the newsletter.